The Rosary is a prayer tool used by many Catholics while contemplating on the Gospel. Here are 10 steps to help you pray the rosary
1. Hold the crucifix part of the rosary in your hand and make the sign of the cross on your head and chest while speaking:
"In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"
2. Recite the Apostles Creed:
"I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried, He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen"
3. On the first bead after the crucifix pray the Lord’s Prayer:
"Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen"
4. For the set of three beads, pray the 'Hail Mary', contemplating on the 3 graces of faith, hope and charity or love:
"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen"
5. While holding the thread before the next bead pray the 'Glory be':
"Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen"
6. For the following bead, you state the name of the first of five mysteries for the day that you are praying. Each day has a set of five mysteries.
Joyful Mysteries - Monday, Thursday and Saturday:
1- The Annunciation
2- The Visitation
3- The Nativity
4- The Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
5- The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
Sorrowful Mysteries - Tuesday and Friday:
1- The Agony in the Garden
2- The Scourging at the Pillar
3- The Crowning with Thorns
4- The Carrying of the Cross
5- The Crucifixion and Death of our Lord
Glorious Mysteries - Wednesday and Sunday:
1- The Resurrection
2- The Ascension
3- The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4- The Assumption of Mary
5- The Coronation of the Virgin
Then you say the Lord's Prayer while staying on the same bead.
7. You should now be at the first row of 10 beads, for each of these beads pray the 'Hail Mary' whilst meditating on the mystery you have just said.
8. For the separate bead you pray the 'Glory be', the 'O my Jesus', say the next mystery and then say the Lord's Prayer:
"O my Jesus, have mercy on us. Forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Take all souls into heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy. Amen"
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each mystery until you reach the joiner and have finished the 5 mysteries.
10. At the joiner, pray the ‘Glory be', the 'O my Jesus', the Lord's Prayer and the 'Hail Holy Queen', finishing by making the sign of the cross like you did at the beginning of the rosary:
"Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!"
If you are looking for Religious Gifts please click here